GAIN AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE
IN A BRITISH COUNCIL EXAMINATION CENTRE
WHO ARE WE?
The British Council has offices in 110 countries across the world. We have been in Poland for 75 years working with partners to deliver projects, supporting local initiatives and providing teaching and examination services. In the last 5 years alone, over 120 000 people in Poland have, by means of us, obtained UK qualifications to help them achieve their career goals.
WHICH EXAMS DO WE OFFER?
• International English Language Testing System – IELTS
• Cambridge English Exams (YLE, KET, KET for Schools, PET, PET for Schools, FCE, FCE for Schools, CAE, CPE) - most of them available also in the computer-based format.
• Cambridge English (Business English Certificates) - available also in the computer-based format.
• For lawyers - Test of Legal English Skills – TOLES
University and Vocational exams:
Besides English language exams the British Council also offers the opportunity to obtain qualifications from the most famous British professional bodies such as ACCA, CIM. You will find detailed info on www.britishcouncil.pl
WHY TAKE ENGLISH EXAMINATIONS WITH US?
Flexibility - our exams can be taken in:
I. Open sessions - These sessions are available to:
1. individual candidates who can register through the website - www.britishcouncil.pl; they take exams in rooms provided by the British Council.
2. schools/institutions which register at least one candidate for a given exam level. To register its candidates, the school will use the group registration form - the Block Entry Form.
Candidates take exams in rooms provided by
the British Council.
3. schools/institutions which choose to hold exams on their own premises for a group of at least 20 candidates per level. To register its candidates,
the school will use the group registration form -
the Block Entry Form, and candidates will take their exams in rooms provided by the school that has registered them.
II. Closed sessions - Sessions available to those schools/ institutions which choose to hold exams on their own premises for a group of at least 20 candidates for each level. For registration purposes, the school uses the Block Entry Form. Candidates take their exams in rooms provided by the school that has registered them.
• Our examination centres stand for experience, professionalism, staff you can trust and equal opportunities for all candidates.
• Language examinations are created by top professionals and taken in more than 130 countries around the world.
• The levels of the examinations are firmly based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
• The examinations we offer are some of the most widely recognised English language qualifications in the world.
• Certificates are internationally valid and recognised – many of them are recognised by government agencies, public offices, immigration offices and private companies. A full list of institutions recognising our exams is available on www.britishcouncil.pl.
• A language certificate is very often a big advantage when looking for a job or in the admissions procedure when applying to study at a secondary school or university in Poland, as well as abroad.
HOW CAN YOU FIND US?
• The British Council provides examinations in Poland in partnership with 14 institutions. Our examination centres can be recognised by the ‘Authorised Examinations Centre. In Association with the British Council’ logo.
• On www.britishcouncil.pl you will find detailed descriptions of the exams, contact details of British Council examination centres, registration procedures and session administration information.
• We cooperate with language schools in Poland – ask your school representatives about the possibility to register for one of the exams we offer.